In this program, you’ll prepare for a job as a Full Stack Web Developer, and learn to create complex server-side web applications that use powerful relational databases to persistently store data.
Why Take This Nanodegree?
The Full Stack Web Developer Nanodegree is designed to prepare you for a career in web development. As a Full Stack Web Developer, you are the "jack of all trades" who companies rely on to build, support and maintain their web applications. With our industry partners, we've carefully crafted the most efficient set of projects and skills training to guide you along the way.
- Beginner-level experience in Python. If you do not have this experience, check out our Intro to Programming Nanodegree program or Intro to Computer Science course.
- Experience building front-end web sites with HTML and CSS.
- Experience using Git for version control. If you do not have this experience, check out our How to Use Git and GitHub course.
- You are self-driven and motivated to learn. Participation in this program requires consistently meeting the deadlines, and devoting at least 10 hours per week to your work.
- You can communicate fluently and professionally in written and spoken English.
- You have access to a computer with a broadband connection, on which you’ll install a professional code/text editor (ie. VSCode or Atom) as well as virtual machines (using VirtualBox and Vagrant).
- You are willing to contribute to the success of the program, including collaborating with fellow students, and giving us feedback on how we can improve.
Desirable Prior Experience:
- You’ve completed an object-oriented Python programming course.
- You’ve tried to build server-side applications in the past and want to learn how to do it at a professional level.