Teaching Flipped gives university faculty an introduction to the ins and outs of teaching with a flipped, hybrid, or online MOOC-type classroom. The course will cover:
- The basics of flipped/hybrid/MOOC methods
- What is known and not known in the literature
- Where these learning methods are heading
- How to develop content for online (video) and for active, in-class learning
- Ways to think about and organize your course
- How to assess both students and your teaching
The course is taught flipped/MOOC-style by veteran flippers and MOOCers to give you experience with the tools and learning methods that can help your students succeed in this type of learning environment. Plan to watch/read about an hour of material each week and then try out and share what you have found. By the end of the course you should have a good idea of how to flip your own course, and have the tools to do it well.