You will investigate key topic areas to gain a deeper understanding of the skills and techniques that you can apply throughout your A-level study. These skills include:
- Fluency – selecting and applying correct methods to answer with speed and efficiency
- Confidence – critically assessing mathematical methods and investigating ways to apply them
- Problem solving – analysing the ‘unfamiliar’ and identifying which skills and techniques you require to answer questions
- Constructing mathematical argument – using mathematical tools such as diagrams, graphs, logical deduction, mathematical symbols, mathematical language, construct mathematical argument and present precisely to others
- Deep reasoning – analysing and critiquing mathematical techniques, arguments, formulae and proofs to comprehend how they can be applied
Over seven modules, your initial skillset will be extended to give a clear understanding of how background knowledge underpins the A
-level course. You’ll also be encouraged to consider how what you know fits into the wider mathematical world.