Throughout this course, you'll learn about the underlying structure of the web - HTML. You'll learn how to use this tree-like structure to create websites. You'll also learn how to apply styling to a website through CSS. You'll learn about CSS syntax, selectors, and units. Along the way, you'll also learn about code editors and a browser's Developer Tools.Why Take This Course?
Are you interested in learning about how a website is built? Have you heard of HTML but aren't sure what it is? Have you always wished you knew how to change the look and style of a website? If you answered "Yes!" to any of these questions, then this course is for you!
You'll learn the fundamental building block of every website - HTML. You'll learn about HTML tags, attributes, nesting, and so much more! You'll also learn how to style websites using CSS. CSS is how styling is done for all websites, so you'll be learning it alongside HTML to be able to create styled, well-structured websites.
Lesson 1: HTML Syntax
- Learn HTML tags
- Discover the tree-structure format of HTML
- Learn about and install a text editor## Lesson 2: HTML Syntax Problem Set
- Add headers to structure a page
- Create a list of items
- Add images to an existing site## Lesson 3: CSS Syntax
- Write a CSS Ruleset
- Use CSS units to place content on the page
- Use Developer Tools to debug CSS## Lesson 4: CSS Syntax Problem Set
- Style images
- Style the font of the page
- Create and link a stylesheet