Software Architecture and Design teaches the principles and concepts involved in the analysis and design of large software systems. This course is split into four sections: (1) Introduction, (2) UML and Analysis, (3) Software Architecture, and (4) Software Design.
Why Take This Course?
This course will equip students with the skills and knowledge necessary to accomplish the following objectives:
- Express the analysis and design of an application using UML
- Specify functional semantics of an application using OCL
- Specify and evaluate software architectures
- Select and use appropriate architectural styles
- Understand and apply object-oriented design techniques
- Select and use appropriate software design patterns
- Understand and perform a design review