This course will teach you how to create mobile apps for Android, iOS and Windows Phone. No prerequisite in coding knowledge is required.
In progressive steps, we will first learn how to create a simple and useful app: your own curriculum vitae.
We will discover how to test the app on phones, and how to distribute it on the Play Store, Apple's App Store and the Windows Store.
Later in the course, we will also cover the basics of coding, because it will enable us to create richer apps with more functions: storing text and data on the phone, connecting to the Internet, and other useful features.
This course is created to make you able to create your own apps, fully functional and for all major mobile platforms. This is useful if you have a business project which involves launching an app, or to get acquainted with mobile technologies in an easy and hands-on manner.
1. Installation of useful tools for the course Welcome to CODAPPS! Let's install some tools, then create our 1st project and preview our app.
2. How to add text, pics, links and extra screens to your app We will learn the essential steps of creating an app: how to put stuff on a screen!
3. Designing your app Here we learn how to control and change the appearance of our app to design exactly what we want
4. Testing your app on a phone / distributing it on a store It gets real: in this module, we learn how to install your app on your phone, and how to put it on the app stores of Apple, Google (Android) and Windows. Your app is about to become available to billions of users!
5. Initiation to coding to create an amazing app In this module you will learn the basics of coding in 3 short videos and their pdfs
6. Creating successfull apps: ROAR like a LION Roar is a messaging app, like Twitter or Facebook messenger. It sends and receives "roars".
In this module, we will build the first part of this mobile app: we design the 3 screens, and write the code to send roars to the Internet.
7. Creating successful apps: receive ROARS and add useful functions to your app Here we learn how receive information from the Internet and use it in our app, and how to add a couple of functions to make our app more powerful
8. Wrap up and next steps This is the final module of the course, we leave you with good pieces of advice to continue advancing your projects
MOOCs stand for Massive Open Online Courses. These arefree online courses from universities around the world (eg. StanfordHarvardMIT) offered to anyone with an internet connection.
How do I register?
To register for a course, click on "Go to Class" button on the course page. This will take you to the providers website where you can register for the course.
How do these MOOCs or free online courses work?
MOOCs are designed for an online audience, teaching primarily through short (5-20 min.) pre recorded video lectures, that you watch on weekly schedule when convenient for you. They also have student discussion forums, homework/assignments, and online quizzes or exams.