This course is like one of those nostalgic memories, which force us to desire foresight. Generally speaking though the course is helpful for everybody, but it will be a boon for many students. Many techniques and scenarios discussed in the course will definitely help both during learning phase and also during revision as well as in tests.
The course rightly points out many blunders that students commit due to bad habits acquired through students life. The bad habits I am talking about is about learning only and not of ethical values!! For e.g. practicing easy questions enough or first thing and not focusing on hard questions and many more like them.
So for me the course has:
1. A very short duration of course.
2. Easy teaching style of Prof. Oakely combined with relevant examples.
3. Synthesis of various learning techniques, so that week by week students gain a better understating of learning process.
4. Easy and simple steps to follow to see improvement.
5. Interviews with relevant figures to give a flavor different and at the same time similar thinking process across the successful.
6. The course is free.
1. The second instructor Dr. Sejnowski is very knowledgeable and have a firm grasp of the material, but the things that he taught could be trimmed by 60% easily and it still will not take away anything relevant from the course. Dr. Sejnowski also didn’t feel comfortable talking or explaining in the front of the camera so his videos appeared to be forced.
2. Most of the quiz question were taken verbatim from the transcript. As this course is about creativity that part could have been avoided to inculcate depper understanding of the subject.
In the end, I profited handsomely from this course.
Thank you Prof. B. Oakley and his entire Team.