Sign up to Coursera courses for free
This course provides a very brief introduction to basic mathematical concepts like propositional and predicate logic, set theory, the number system, and proof techniques. At the end of the course, students will be able to
(1) detect the logical structure behind simple puzzles
(2) be able to manipulate logical expressions
(3) explain the connection between logic and set theory
(4) explain the differences between natural, integer, rational, real and complex numbers
(5) recognise different basic proof techniques
Overview and motivation of the topics to be treated in the course
Logical propositions and the rules that govern them.
Predicate logic, set theory, and functions
Logical statements that depend on a variable.