- Transparency with daily standup meetings discussing work status, risk, and pace.
- How a clear definition of done drives acceptance by all key stakeholders.
- Measuring performance and benefits of working solutions during project delivery.
- Iteratively testing to gain authentic feedback on solution requirements and stability.
- Regular retrospectives that drive continuous improvement into the team.
In this course, you will learn how these levers of control far exceed traditional management methods of earned value management (EVM), which relies on estimates and no changes in scope. We'll discuss how the key to unlocking the control potential is to learn what to manage, and how to measure it. This answer varies across levels of management, separating the concerns between the organization and the team. For the organization, the focus is on what capabilities are delivered and how to measure return on investment (ROI) capabilities provide. For teams, it’s a focus on team velocity and how to ensure its measurement is useful for diagnosing internal and external productivity constraints.