This 1-week, accelerated on-demand course builds upon Google Cloud Platform Big Data and Machine Learning Fundamentals. Through a combination of video lectures, demonstrations, and hands-on labs, you'll learn how to build streaming data pipelines using Google Cloud Pub/Sub and Dataflow to enable real-time decision making. You will also learn how to build dashboards to render tailored output for various stakeholder audience.
• Google Cloud Platform Big Data and Machine Learning Fundamentals (or equivalent experience)
• Some knowledge of Java
• Understand use-cases for real-time streaming analytics
• Use Google Cloud PubSub asynchronous messaging service to manage data events
• Write streaming pipelines and run transformations where necessary
• Get familiar with both sides of a streaming pipeline: production and consumption
• Interoperate Dataflow, BigQuery and Cloud Pub/Sub for real-time streaming and analysis
Module 1: Architecture of Streaming Analytics Pipelines
Module 2: Ingesting Variable Volumes
Module 3: Implementing Streaming Pipelines
Module 4: Streaming analytics and dashboards
Module 5: Handling Throughput and Latency Requirements
MOOCs stand for Massive Open Online Courses. These arefree online courses from universities around the world (eg. StanfordHarvardMIT) offered to anyone with an internet connection.
How do I register?
To register for a course, click on "Go to Class" button on the course page. This will take you to the providers website where you can register for the course.
How do these MOOCs or free online courses work?
MOOCs are designed for an online audience, teaching primarily through short (5-20 min.) pre recorded video lectures, that you watch on weekly schedule when convenient for you. They also have student discussion forums, homework/assignments, and online quizzes or exams.